How Dental Implants WorkDental implants are titanium posts that are surgically implanted below your gums and into the jawline. When they heal, they mimic the function of your natural tooth roots. What remains above the gumline is an anchor for natural-looking replacement teeth.
Why Patients Love ThemUnlike dentures and bridges, implants provide unrivaled security. How do secure prosthetics benefit you? Here are just a few ways:
- You’ll never have to worry about your “teeth” slipping! Because implants are placed individually, they function just like your natural teeth and stay firmly implanted in your jaw.
- You’ll be able to enjoy the foods you love! When you’re missing teeth or have removable prosthetics, fresh fruits and vegetables and chewy foods like steak can be problematic. With implants, you can enjoy a crisp Washington apple, fresh corn on the cob, and even a nice ribeye without first having to cut them into miniscule pieces.
- You can speak and laugh without impediment. Temporary prosthetics can cause clicks, lisps, whistles, and other speech impediments that make it difficult for others to understand you. With dental implants, this is simply not an issue.
- Your implants will be easy to care for! Because they’re just like natural teeth (and we cannot overstate the similarities), you simply brush, floss, and visit your dentist as you normally would. No overnight soaking, no gum irritation, no expensive dental adhesives.
- Your implants can provide you with the smile you’ve always wanted. As natural as we can make your implants look, if you’ve always wanted a straighter smile, a whiter smile, or more evenly distributed teeth, implants can make that happen.