Dental Implants are a permanent, natural-looking, and easy-to-care-for replacement option for missing teeth. Ideal candidates for implants …
- Are in good dental and overall health
- Have an effective and sustainable dental health care routine
- Have sufficient bone mass in the upper and lower jaws
Implants are surgically placed below the gums where they fuse with the jaw and provide a stable base for prosthetic teeth. While dentures and bridges are also viable options, only implants can prevent bone deterioration and additional tooth loss.
Implants are superior to other prosthetic options for a number of reasons. Not only do they help preserve your remaining teeth and the shape of your face, they also:
- Allow you to eat what you want
- Are cared for in the same way as your natural teeth
- Can replace a single tooth, or an entire smile full of teeth
- Look exactly like your teeth; no one will know they’re prosthetic
- Stay in place, so you don’t have to wonder if your dental adhesive is going to do its job
If we determine that dental implants are the ideal solution for your needs, you will be referred to an oral surgeon that we trust and work with regularly. Your surgeon will place the implants; after you have healed, you will return to our practice for your final restoration.
The only way to know for certain is to schedule an appointment with Dr. Michelle Munoz for a consultation. We happily serve patients in Uvalde, Texas and the surrounding areas.