Your permanent teeth were meant to last a lifetime. Unfortunately, some people lose their teeth due to gum disease, tooth decay, or injury. Our teeth enable us to eat and speak clearly. Missing teeth also affect your appearance. There’s a major adjustment to your eating habits when your teeth are missing. You can’t bite and chew normally. You feel self-conscious about your missing teeth. Social functions aren’t at the top of your to-do list because you’re embarrassed about your smile. Fortunately, dentures can replace your missing teeth. Dr. Michelle Munoz can restore your confidence. Get ready to smile again!
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable prosthetics designed to restore the appearance and function of your smile. There are complete dentures and partial dentures.
Complete dentures have teeth placed in a gum-colored acrylic base that rests on your natural gums. There is the option to support your dentures with implants for increased stability and function.
Partial dentures also have teeth placed in a gum-colored acrylic base. Partial dentures are used when there are some natural teeth remaining. They can be connected by metal framework to your remaining teeth. Every effort is made to make your dentures look as natural as possible.
What Are the Benefits of Dentures?
- Restored function of your teeth. Dentures are designed to work like natural teeth. They restore your ability to chew food and speak clearer.
- Fewer dietary restrictions. Patients miss out on many of their favorite foods when they lose their teeth. Dentures can help them enjoy most of their favorite foods again.
- Improved speech. Words are formed by our tongue pushing against our teeth to help us make the right sounds. Missing teeth make it difficult to properly pronounce certain words. Dentures help you to speak more clearly.
- Better appearance. Missing teeth can cause facial muscles to sag, making you look older. Dentures help fill out your face and restore your appearance. Dentures give you your smile back.
- Regain your confidence. When you’re happy about the way you look, your confidence and self-esteem increase. Increased self-confidence affects your personal and professional relationships. You can lead a happier and more fulfilling life.
- Durability. With proper care, dentures can last five to 10 years before replacement is needed. This is a great investment in your health and appearance.
Dentures restore the appearance and function of your smile. We want to help you achieve the smile you deserve. If you live in Uvalde, Texas, or the surrounding areas, call to schedule your appointment.